- Photo Technical Data
- Kodak 12 inch and 16 inch Portrait Lenses - Free Download
Lens and Shutter Data:
KODAK PORTRAIT LENSES, 12-inch and 16-inch f/ 4.5
The Kodak Portrait Lenses have identical visual and photographic images. With them, the photographer can see on the ground glass the exact effect he will achieve before releasing the shutter, and he can vary the soft-focus effect by varying the aperture. When the lens is used wide open at f/4.5, the soft-focus effect is most pronounced, while at f/22, the effect disappears almost completely. The design of the lenses is such that at the larger stops each highlight point in the scene will be surrounded by a soft halo. For best results with this lens, the exposure should never be made at a smaller stop than was used for focusing. The lenses are equally suitable for both black-and-white and color. These lenses are Lumenized to minimize flare and increase color saturation.
Marked Apertures: f/4.5, f/6.3, f/8, f/11, f/16, and f/22.
Focal Length: 12 in. and 16 in.
Negative Sizes: 5 x 7 in. and 8 x 10 in.
Angle of View: When focused for infinity, 48 degrees
Shutter: 12 in. lens — No. 5 Ilex Universal Synchro Shutter
Points of Interest
- Visual and photographic foci are the some.
- The photographic focus is not influenced by the color sensitivity of the film.
- Two focal lengths: 12 and 16 inches, covering 5 by 7-inch and 8 by 10 inch films, respectively.
- The lenses are Lumenized to cut down flare and increase color saturation.
- Soft at f/4.5, sharp at f/22—the maximum and minimum lens apertures.
- Highlights at f/4.5 display the desired pearly qualities.
- Fully color corrected for use with any color material.